Dump trucks and heavy equipment are widely used on construction sites. Today’s Safety Saturday moment focuses on how to work safely with and around them.
It is important to be aware at all times while operating and working with large equipment in order to be sure they are stable, balanced, and safe. Here are some best practices when working with dump trucks.
- Watch for potential overhead power lines before raising the bed
- Use a spotter
- Constantly be aware of your surroundings
- Never get under a raised dump bed without safety devices
- Be aware of uneven or soft ground
- Always wear proper PPE when exiting the truck
Remember, dump truck operations are something that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Until next time, from all of us at the W. L. French Safety Department, stay safe out there.