Equipment: Getting On & Off
• Ensure footwear is clear of dirt, oil, grease.
• Remove any mud, grease, snow, ice, etc. from equipment ladders.
• Steps and handrails should be secured.
• Make sure the machine is off and all boom attachments are lowered.
• Face the equipment and maintain three-point contact when climbing up and down.
• Set the brake to prevent equipment from moving.
• Keep work areas clean and free of waste such as scraps, extra materials, and garbage.
• Check the handholds and steps for mud or other conditions that could make them slippery.